Friday, March 29, 2013

A Lost Poem

I was looking in the basement through Andrew's stuff, then found my English Journal and decided to read through it and found this.

Stars stand deep within the dark night sky
          I never knew you like I wish I had
And maybe it's true that we all at some point
Just fade out as time passes us by

Maybe it's not

The sound of silence is all that speaks in our mourning hours
As the heavy feeling of losing what you love
Creeps its way into the holes of your broken heart

This track has played once before
            With the quiet, melancholy rhythm
That tries to take the pain away
And mend the tears of your splitting sanity

Last hopes and dreams
Falling through the cracks
Like simple words on white paper being ripped apart
And thrown to the air
Like snow on All Hallow's Eve

Disheartening,
Unfair,
I'm a prisoner to this utter loss of words.
If only these moments
           We could ever share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...