Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Lie

Too tired to admit my mistakes
Clearly...
quite clearly I am wrong
I am slipping quickly

A lie is a lie
until you make it something more

And what if that something more
Holds a whole world within itself?

What if that something more
is more than even just that
and is something we cannot control?

Too tired to get up
But clearly,
quite clearly,
I am slipping quickly

The energy has been sucked from me
The life force that once held me together
has been depleted

A lie is a lie
until you dress it up nicely
give it a name
and take it out to eat
if you know what I mean

And this isn't just a fancy dinner
this is life
and it's eating away at you

Its mascara is running
and hair is turning grey
and you can't just bury it 
when it looks too old to carry anymore

No, 
you need to kill this 
You need to suffocate it 
as it lashes back at you
and it struggles
writhes, kicks, and screams for air

and then,
simply,
dies.

A lie is a lie
until you kill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...