Friday, August 23, 2013

Goodbye For Now


Dear Andrew,

Time changed us
and we grew apart
but I still love you.
and I still miss you everyday.

Sometimes I ignore the pain
other days 
I embrace it
to remember you

I know you wouldn't want this
but 
I know you wouldn't want to be forgotten.

That's why you talk to me
in my dreams 
or even
when I'm outside
and the wind picks up
and there's a whisper through the 
leaves in the trees.

I know you're there.

Sometimes life goes on as usual
other days it stops so suddenly
and I can't breathe 
as if my heart decides
it's done beating
and just wants to join you.

I can't though.
There's still so much left to do
so many people left to meet
places to see
so that when I die
I may see you again
and tell you all about it
and you will laugh

You will tell me
"I was there the whole time,
didn't you see me?"

Of course I did.
I see you everywhere.  

I cannot wait for that day.
Truly,
it will be heavenly.

Love Always,
Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...