When the night comes
darkness slips through the cracks
creeps into my home
-into my heart
Scared
that with each passing moment
the demons will come closer
to breaking me
They torment me in my dreams
Call to me when I am awake
and I can only hope
that one day
they will leave.
Tired
too tired to fight anymore
if the darkness takes me
sometimes I think
"so be it"
So be this life.
We all have skeletons
in our closets
but most of ours
don't fight to get out
don't writhe and scream
scratching so loud
that my ears begin to bleed.
When the night comes
I see the darkness filling my eyes
filling my mind
too tired to fight
and once more
I fall into a restless sleep
Monday, August 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment