Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Dream

It was a dream... just a dream?  A dream too real to forget.

We were at the lake house again.  Waiting for you.  We knew you weren't physically real but we knew you weren't gone either.  We waited, as the sun began to set.  Brilliant colors filled the sky.  And we heard you laughing.  You were down by the brook so we ran down to see you.

You had this big smile on your face, and you were talking to John Outland.  You were wearing a red shirt, and you were glowing.  We called out to you and you walked to us, as we stood up on the hill in front of the house.  We were all so happy, and even though I wasn't supposed to be able to hug you, I did.  I remember how your shirt felt between my fingers.  How real it was.  How you were so bright, and happy.  How happy we all were.

Perhaps it was just a dream, but I believe it was something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...