You probably don't understand me...
and that's okay. I don't expect you to.
You are not me,
Nor am I, you.
You read my thoughts.
We never discuss.
But we could if you wanted to
And that is just how our relationship works
I've been told that I am wise beyond my years
but what gift is that?
It is a curse.
What is wisdom
If I don't fully understand
how to wield it.
And as the good book says:
But of the tree of knowledge
of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it
for in the day that thou eatest there
of thou shalt surely die.
Tainted by darkness
Fading innocence
Corruption lurking
In the furthest reaches
of my mind.
But I will escape.
Have faith,
I am not a prisoner
in my own body.
Or at least,
I won't always be.
For someday
I shall escape
I am...
Wise with the knowledge
that I am not good
nor am I evil
I simply am.
The knowledge that
I care and love
and though that may not be enough
I must keep trying
There is a choice to go on
even when the outcome is unbeknownst
to us all
I am
-not because I am afraid
but because I yearn to be more
to grow
and better understand
-not because I must
but because what good is it to live tomorrow
if you wasted today?
I am not wise beyond my years,
I am young within the confines of my heart
clinging onto the last remaining strands
of innocence
almost too short and frayed
to hold onto
but long enough to try
I love and hope to be loved in return
Where I once was hurt, I have forgiven
Though once,
I was lost, I have been found
and despite my past tears,
I now smile
Knowing that this journey
is my own to take
And if I awake before it is complete,
I ask that you allow me
to fall back into my sweet dream
of climbing out of the darkness
and into this beautiful light.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment