I can't sleep.
Or,
okay. I can.
If I call it insomnia
someone will tell me
that I'm uninformed
and with knowledge
I could fix myself.
You can't fix the guilt that keeps me up at night.
You can't fix the sadness that pours in like a flood
as soon as I'm alone in the dark.
And for all the praying that I've done
it doesn't change the fact
that I have my own regrets.
God,
or no god.
I have a past that I wish I could edit
take all the bad parts out
go back and say sorry
to everyone I hurt.
No,
I'm not a bad person.
But I can't help but feel that way
when I begin to close my eyes.
And when I do sleep,
I can't help but confront my demons
so I yell out in terror
and scream
some nights I cry.
I awake feeling even more tired than the night before.
I am not calling myself a victim,
nor am I trying to play that part.
But I am sad.
I do feel awfully alone.
And some nights I'm afraid to go to sleep
in fear of what I'll see behind closed eyes.
The truth of who I really am deep down
who I keep locked away.
Every good deed shattered
by each and every individual
poor choice,
wrong decision
misinterpreted word
So why don't I sleep soundly through the night?
I think you get the idea.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment