Wednesday, September 7, 2011

That Which Never Dies


So... there I was doing my sociology homework, listening to pandora... when all of a sudden I heard a song that made me think about the very worst thing that I believe could happen to me.  This is the song:



and then I wrote this...
That Which Never Dies


The last rose falls from her hand onto his grave
~
It falls
For what seems
To be


Forever


She cannot pull herself away
She will not.


Not yet


She cannot pull her eyes away from the words:
Lift your eyes, do not cry.
You’ll awake one day and feel no sorrow.
Trust in me, my love, do not fret.
Even death cannot pull us apart.


The sun shining around her makes little a difference


She reads the words and yet,
she is frozen.


The fresh green grass of spring has rooted into her heels,


Her heart,
She can no longer feel.


The slight breeze that dances through the blooming pink Magnolias that line the cemetery


While her eyes close
And her lungs collapse
Tearing her down onto her knees




Lift your eyes, do not cry…
Even death cannot pull us apart.
Please, my Dearest,
Please do not cry.
Death cannot kill that which never dies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...