Red water washes over my coarse hands.
Not too long ago
I used to imagine something different
from this
I don't know what
It just was different
Like-
Something I used to know
I was someone I used to know
No one can see through the facade
the mask covers up too much of the truth
that floats face down with the river
taking the slow bends
riding the rising tide
A hallow hatred fills my lungs
not my heart
as I breath in a dream
and out the denial of everything that once was
Consider me broken
But I won't leave you
Like how you left me
I'll walk away slowly
looking back each half step
hoping that you'll call out for a hand
someone to pull you back from the edge
Even if you don't call,
Remember that I'm here
when it seems that I'm not
You used to love me
Our own lies have torn us apart.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment