Monday, July 1, 2013

The Beginning

There are times when I am ready to feel strong.
Not like I'm being beaten down by this grief.
But being held up by the belief
that one day I will indeed
see you again

That I will escape from this world
unbound
and free.

Tell me, brother...
is Heaven all that it's chalked up to be?

I imagine it is.

There are times when I feel so distraught and sad
lonely
weak 
and tired

And so 
I cry.
For what feels like forever
until I know that no matter how much more I cry
it will not change a damn thing.

I'm reminded that I'm not alone in this grief
by the midnight phone call
listening to him sobbing 
saying how much he misses you.

What do I tell them?
If I'm not strong, what will they be
if they're already crumbling?

I'm strong enough to know this is not the end
but indeed
a strange
and lonesome
beginning 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...