Saturday, July 27, 2013

I Speak Your Name, I Hear Your Voice

I speak your name
I swear
I hear your voice

Never will I lose you
Never will I leave you

My brother
You are here in my heart

I speak your name
I see your face

Your freckles 
Strawberry red hair
Blue eyes
Your deep smile lines
from twenty-four years
of laughing and loving
and living

I speak your name
and I swear
I hear your voice
See your face
Feel your arms around me

Never will I forget you
My brother
My son
My nephew 
My cousin

Most importantly
My friend

And if you ever think to go,
I beg of you to
Protect me from the demons 
That haunt me in my dreams.

Be my angel,
Be my guardian angel.

Watch out for us all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...