Friday, April 12, 2013

Sleepless night #2

Hurts to breathe,
to swallow,
to keep these weary, teary eyes open.

Hurts to think
about you
about your life.

Hurts to know how angry I am at you
how sad I am to have lost you
how in a daze I am with your sudden death

But it wasn't sudden.
You were doomed for a while now
None of us accepted it though.
Acted as though we were blind to it.

Because how can you recognize what you don't see?

I keep seeing you in my dreams.
Different faces,
Different ages,
Your voice always the same.

Every day is more of a struggle than the last,
But I'm holding onto hope.
Whatever that is.
That I can make it out alive.

I would give nearly anything to save you,
to bring you back from the grave.
But would you be willing to save yourself?

The silence after the heavy storm echoes loudly in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...