Thursday, April 25, 2013

On Letting Go

No one will ever understand this pain,
Unless he has felt it himself.
I did not wish this pain on anyone.
Yet,
He's crying all the same. 

The rope that I held onto?
I did not let it go.
The rope snapped violently
and whipped back at me 
as the storm raged on.

I fell.

Lost in this endless ocean,
there I was forced to swim on and on
until the only thing left to do
was survive. 

I can survive
For I am alive.

I can save him
or at least throw the rescue rope.

Perhaps he will grab on.
Perhaps he won't.

But it is my duty all the same
to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...