Monday, April 8, 2013

Dyed my hair today

While I was getting my hair dyed today, the dresser asked me,
"What made you choose red?"
I told her that the color was pretty and I didn't want to be too bright with anything else.
But the truth is this:

Red was Andrew's favorite color.
It always had been.
It was my favorite color.

It was my salute to Andrew,
one of my opportunities to say,
"I did this for you."

I'm at a weird point in my life where I'm not sure what I'm doing but
I may as well do it
because it's better than sitting around
doing nothing.

This was for you
and I can only hope
that you're looking down
smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...