There's a piece of my heart
missing
Completely gone.
Just an empty hole that sits
and waits
for you to come back home
When I close my eyes to dream
I expect to hear your voice.
When I open my eyes in the morning
I expect to wake up, and see you in the next room
No parent should have to bury their child
and no little sister should be left
picking up the pieces of your life
wondering how we got to this
Because even knowing the how,
doesn't explain the why.
Why you get to leave us
and we have to sit here in grief.
I would say that I'm "angry"
but I'm not
I'm just sad.
I talk to Sean
but he doesn't quite understand.
No one who hasn't lost a loved one
will ever understand.
And I pray that you never do.
To find comfort with those who have lost another,
isn't comforting.
We band together with a common denominator:
Death.
I want to take all of your pain away.
All of your suffering.
It hurts,
but I'd rather hurt alone,
than to share this pain together.
And that is what love is.
The selfless thought at midnight
that maybe
there could be a way
to make things right.
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment