I wandered alone
though my mind was with you
as I sang a song to no one in particular
about nothing that would be useful to anyone at all
About the towering trees,
the bumbling and ever-so-humbling bees
bounding their way through the wildflower fields,
and my quivering knees
on the day that I first met you
Of the days that flew by
while the hours droned on
and a life that only I
can so clearly imagine
Like a dream passing through
the memories left unkempt
in a journal long forgotten
-perhaps locked away from the light of day
That children go out in search for
after hearing the stories from their grandfather
while he quietly wishes to himself
that the journal was his to keep
rather than an inescapable thought
that leaves him in a restless daydream
While he sings to nobody in particular
about nothing that would be useful to anyone at all
His eyes growing faint
As my heart was
once long ago
when I wandered alone
and yet,
my mind will always be with you.
Everything you write is so beautiful you know, this one especially. I'd go into a Martin thing and write a journal entry and talk about imagery, but I doubt you'd want that here haha. Keep up the good work Kirsten! I love reading these a lot. I really have nothing else to say in terms of suggestions :D Keep it up! <3
ReplyDelete