Tuesday, October 31, 2017

There is this picture
in my mind
-maybe a memory
-maybe a dream

The cool air smells fresh
like fresh water
and green grass

There's this meadow
with a stream running through
Trees lining the perimeter
but their limbs
bowing out 
shading me

Through the trees
the sky is blue
but I'm blinded
by the golden sun,
the rays dancing off
the green leaves.

The grass is tall
and sharp
but I lay there
listening to the
quiet stream.

Flowers in full bloom
engulf  me
drowning me
in my lost innocence.

Peace flows through
my itching veins
like a drug
and I seemed to have
overdosed.

-I will return
to the Earth
from where I came. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...