Tuesday, October 17, 2017

And In The Night

I needed something
and I needed it to be
Profound.

I needed it to 
speak to me
louder 
than any words
have ever spoken 
before.

I needed it 
to tell me 
the most fundamental 
truth
of all.

But, alas
What was that truth?
And why did I need it?

The ever
tantalizing truth
Prodding me awake
from the depths of 
sleep.

The quest for fulfillment 
slipping through my clenched 
fingers.

But I think I know
now
What I could have 
never known then

A deep silence 
falls across the calm
waters
The thick fog settles.
The multitude of the 
universe expanding
comes to a rapid halt.

-These wounds
were always 
self-inflicted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...