From up on high
upon these tall shoulders
I feel invincible
as I dig my small fingers
into my father's hair.
He protests
and
I just laugh.
But had I known
that my last
shoulder ride
was going to be my last
I would have
laughed longer
and objected at every moment
my father tried to pull me down.
I would have held on
for dear life
and asked for another ride
tomorrow
But it's funny how
we never think
it's going to be
the last time
Until it's
long
been
over.
Sunday, October 30, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment