The rain falls quietly from outside my window.
Like a child with nothing else to do,
I watch in sheer boredum
My mind wandering through its own thoughts
Dog snuggled up to my side
as I lay on this small bed.
It's cool outside these days,
as winter approaches
with no regard for
our quite obvious objections.
It seems as though
Fall has just begun
and yet,
the trees are almost barren
and the air smells
of earthly decay.
The window pane is cool
to the touch
and fogs up
as I exhale
from a deep breathe.
I cannot help but wonder
what there is outside of all of this.
Outside of this house,
and out in the rain.
Out beyond this small town
beyond the greatest of oceans.
My dog nozzles her head against my leg
as I realize I've been clutching her for warmth.
My eyes follow a leaf falling slowing despite
being beaten down by the rainfall
until it rests
easily
on the softened
ground.
Sunday, October 23, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment