Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Boy

Once upon a time,
I met a boy who made me laugh
and made me think.

He was kind.
He was so very kind.

We spent our time
walking
and playing
in the forest
and by the stream.

This boy,
He looked past my obvious flaws
and I,
past his.

His smile,
-his face
was beautiful.

I still picture him,
the sun shining off his hair,
and the light
reflecting wonderfully
from his eyes.

We were innocent,
you see.
We were pure in our motives.
-We were friends.

Until we were not.

Until one day
I realized that what I felt for him
was more than friendship,
it was love.

And what a terrifying realization
that was.

To know
that in my hands
there was the heart of a boy
whom I quite clearly loved
and whom had loved me all along.

How nerve wracking.

It frightened me to know
that my heart had found what it desired
so soon.
-mayhap too soon.

But you know
that I ran.

I ran as fast
and as far as I could.

Until
there was nowhere left to run
except back home into his arms.

-

Once upon a time,
I met a boy
A dear and kind boy.

And I have loved him
ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...