Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hallowed Ground

Fire
clawing into my eyes
tearing at my throat

My heart is nothing more
than an empty shell
awaiting the grand return
of who I once was.

Rain
pouring down from green-blue
salty pools
onto irritated and raw cheeks.

Lord,
I am begging you
to save me.

To tell me that it is okay
to fall apart.

All I see are these faces
of those who don't understand
staring at me
with persecuting eyes
coarse whispers
and soulless hearts.

I can feel myself changing
I am no longer the girl I once was

In my dreams
she is there
looking at me through windows
leaving messages on little scraps of paper
strewn about for no particular reason

In my dreams
she tells me
that nothing will ever be the same.

I'm back at square one.

Weak knees
Bleeding heart
Then
Nothing
Just a hollow grief
plunged deep
unable to show itself to anyone
but myself

All I am
is broken
bleeding out
onto hallowed ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...