Friday, August 12, 2011

Growing Up

    -Lost in what seems to be a daydream, the world surrounding becomes a blurry haze

...

Flowers, the wild ones,
bloom as a rainbow of brilliant colors collecting in the sun
as the slight breeze tickles their leaves
Autumn is soon approaching

Come what may,
I welcome it warmly
though Winter, I ask kindly of you
to please, whatever it is that you do,
promise that you won't hurt my fellow trees too much
in your cold wrath of vengeance

Though the heavy blankets of soft snow
are beautiful for the time,
Sometimes I do think,
"Why must you punish us so?"
For all that we do is live and let live
You cannot expect us to lay down so easily
Only to die

                      -Awakening in the midst of the twilight hours, the crickets begin their orchestra with the birds as their flutes. 

I blink not once, but twice
taking in this break of reality

Then let my mind drift off once more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...