I wanted to say something
Profound
I wanted to say the feelings that
rest uneasily
in my locked chest.
I wanted you to feel
what I felt
I wanted you
to understand.
Instead,
we lie awake at night
wondering
if the other
is the reason why
we remain alive.
So often,
I find myself sinking
into the undertow.
Drowning
under waves
that I cannot see
but I can feel.
So often,
You find yourself alone
with no one to listen
as you fight
with the demons
hidden in the dark
recesses of your mind.
I don't mind.
I don't mind.
But is this
really what it takes
for us to survive?
I wanted to tell you something
so
profound
that you would see
the world in the same light
that I see you
beautiful
We are worlds apart
despite the heaviness of
your breathes
landing softly
upon my lips
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment