When I met you
I knew
without knowing
that our time together
would be short.
That together
we would burn brighter
than even our sun
but that eventually
our light would burn out
and that
you would move on.
I could see it
without seeing
your expression
when you told me
that everything
was
fine.
I could hear it
when your heart broke
and I helped
to wipe away
your silent tears.
And yet
I told myself
-foolishly-
that I was wrong
and that you
Of all the people
whom I have met in this world
were the one
that knew my soul
spoke
to my heart
and sparked my curiosity.
How interesting
How peculiar, really,
that friendship
feels so much like love
but the loss
in many ways
hurts
far worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment