Memories slipping by
like water through a grate,
sand through fingers.
Our time here is waning away
But Dad,
There is so much more
that I have left to say.
Words that I cannot speak
as they hold little meaning
compared to my short lifetime
spent with you.
The little moments
the quiet ones
Spent between adventures
and the other mundane parts of life
that seemed to seep in
when we weren't looking
Long car rides
Transient visits
Homesickness eroding at a young heart
There is so much more
that I have left to say
-words do them little justice.
The love you have shared and instilled
is like a warm blanket on a cold day,
or a story before bed.
It is a pat on the back
after giving your best
and the constant encouragement
to get back up
no matter how many times you fall
and the laughter
when looking back on just how far
we've come.
While it sounds simple
All that I can say is that
I am so lucky
-fortunate
to have such an example to follow
A lifetime with you as my Father
will never be enough
Happy Father's Day.
Love,
Kirsten
No comments:
Post a Comment