Things have been changing
all around me
I grew complacent with
where we were in our lives
I loved you.
I trusted in the normalcy
that we had fallen into.
And I guess
nothing can ever
happen the same way twice
and nothing
can ever stay stagnant
but I thought maybe we could
live within our castle walls
Safe.
In stasis.
But we've changed.
Life rearranged.
We're different people
than we once were.
I look at you
with sober eyes
wondering
how we got here
how we came so far.
You came down
from your high
and looked back
at me
with the same green eyes
that have pierced my
soul
so many times
and wondered
how
time got away
from us.
And as we fall
into each other
at the end of each day
we cling
tooth
and nail
to the hope
that we are enough.
For each other.
For ourselves.
Sunday, October 14, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment