Saturday, March 31, 2018

Obliteration

The alcohol
burns
just slightly
as it slides
down 
my coarse 
throat.

I told myself
I wouldn't
let myself
get down 
here 
again
but

Peering 
through chipped ice
and shattered 
memories
It became
blatantly
apparent
that I need more
to fill 
this void.

Another

The alchemist 
goes to work
on her  piece
of art

Potions
and poisons
combined 
to cure 
my aching heart.

What is it
that you require?

Something
to tear me apart.

She nods sagely
and turns to 
complete the 
masterpiece
before 
she presents
to me 
a vial of  
my cure.

I sip it
and feel it
warm 
my cold body.

A sick smile
crosses my lips
A faint laugh
escapes my chest

One sip
and 
then 
two.

Another.
Help me
Another.
Please
Another.

Until I can't 
seem 
to 
rem
em
b
er 

Until the room
is spinning
out
of 
control

In 
the
chaos
finding
peace

Only 
momentarily
feeling
the pain
crashing
down
upon
my chest

Another.

Until 
my eye lids
fall heavily.

Until 
your name
is just
a blur
and nothing 
even matters.

Another.
Another.
Another.
Until nothing
fucking 
matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...