She played with time
between her finger tips
like it was nothing at all.
And, yeah,
I suppose I was envious
of that.
When I looked at her
she was at peace with it
-whatever it was-
But what I wanted and what she was
were two different things.
Isn't it funny how time changes us?
and yet,
At the heart of it,
we're still the same.
I would watch her
as she would fabricate
a whole new universe
before my very eyes
and I would wonder
where in that universe
I could fit in
or if I even would.
She played with time
like it was just a fond memory
and she existed somewhere
between it all.
I suppose
I should have asked her
for her secrets
but her closed lips
and distanced stare
told me all I needed to know
I wasn't ready.
But sometimes
I would lie awake
at night
and think about the electricity
that flowed through her
and the galaxies glowing
behind her dark eyes.
I don't know.
But I wish I did.
I'm not lost
but
I'm certainly not found
and I guess
that's just what scares me the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment