I've called myself
The Silent Spirit
But I suppose I never
did explain
why.
I assume most everyone
knows
me.
My history.
My reasoning for why
I keep
so much
bottled up
on the
inside.
Or even
that they
know.
I assume
that you
deep
down
are just
like
me.
I assume that
you put on a facade
each and every day
pretending
that you are the strong and fierce
person
that you project yourself to be
but deep down
the guilt and pain
of losing what you love
cuts you to the core
until it all causes you to
crumble
and lay in a dull ache.
I assume that as the hours
fade into the blinding night
you lay awake
and count your sins
accusing yourself
of certain treacheries.
I assume that
at your core
you are just a frightened child
afraid of what
comes
next
damaged by what came before.
I assume that
you question your every action
uncertain of your decisions
crippled by the fear of disappointing
those you dearly love.
I assume that
your smile is probably fake
because your eyes are all too telling
of the pain you hide inside.
I assume that
you once had a person
so beloved to you
that you would do anything for
but that person turned
and stabbed a knife
right through your heart
and that many nights
when your guilt turns to
dreams
you dream of said person
and the friendship you
thought you had.
And mayhap
in my assumption
I was wrong.
But that
-that my dear friend,
is why I
am
The Silent Spirit.
-
She whispered Tacenda
He nodded.
The secrets of the world
are best left
unsaid.
Monday, December 25, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment