I have been so stuck in my head recently
-a captive to my own thoughts
Afraid of what the future holds
Reminiscing on what the past has been.
It is amazing
truly amazing
what depression can do to a girl
How anxiety can destroy a fighting soul.
I feel out of place
in my own body.
I feel
-lost-
Utterly lost
and I hate it.
I miss who I was
and who I am yet to be
And I don't even know who that is.
I exist in this moment
and this moment alone
I contemplate the physics and the reasoning for all of this
and cannot come up with a purpose.
I hear my little brother's voice on the phone
and I try to picture his face
but all that I see is the vast space that falls between us.
No one ever told me that growing up
would be so difficult.
I can hardly remember my oldest brother's voice
-he's a far off memory
whom I try to remember
but more oft than not
forget.
-he is gone-
My love is my lifeline
he keeps me fighting despite
my urge to take flight.
I used to have the answers
I used to have them all
Now,
I am afraid of my own shadow
and the destruction
she inflicts on my aching soul.
So,
I sleep.
I close my eyes
and pray to myself
that I will live another day.
I am afraid of my own shadow
and the destruction
she inflicts
on my
aching
soul.
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment