Saturday, July 23, 2016

Can You Hear Me

All of these familiar faces
-Again.

I close my eyes
and try to think 

I wonder-
Can you hear me?

"Can you hear me?"
I scream until my throat is raw
and my lungs are heavy.

Lord  knows
we have stood together like this
too many times.

Heads bowed.
Soft smiles
hiding the pain
that you can only feel
after losing one
whom you've loved
so very much.

My heart weeps
-for you.
-for us.
-for the fresh wound
cut open
once again

Standing here
on the edge of the world
before
your vacant body
I scream
within myself
Move!
Do something!

To the outside world
-I cry.
I mourn
that which I can never have
again.

~

My thoughts race
as I close my eyes
in the dead of night.

Can you 
hear me?

Please.

Hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...