Within the darkness
my eyes search
for the answers
my mind asks
of the universe
-
The vast emptiness
always seems
to astonish me
as if it would be
the first time
my heart
has felt this way.
As if
it is the first time
that I have fallen
to my knees
in anguish
and despair
asking,
"Why, God?
Why?"
~
He refuses to answer
when he knows
you place no trust in him.
Funny how that works.
~
In my hand
I hold a smooth,
flat rock.
I grip it just right,
Lean back.
And whip it out with the flick
of my wrist.
As it glides out
into the rough waters.
Skipping
Once
Twice
Three times-
and it is gone.
~
That must be my answer.
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment