Sunday, January 25, 2015

Catching Up To You

It is in the night's darkest hours
That I come to life.

Watching the stars dance 
in and out of eyes reach
Watching the world 
close her eyes 
and fade out.

I imagine that you are here
running the streets with me
as I glide like a ghost
between street lamps
and the black pitch 
of night.

I hold your heart
close to mine
as I lay in the cool grass
-eyes to the sky-
imagining that you
are gazing at the same
universe 

My body shifting comfortably 
as the nighttime lullaby 
rocks me into a light sleep.
Dreaming of your being.

I cannot shake this thought
that we must be connected 
on a subconscious level
and that you see what I see
you feel what I feel
I am 
who you are.

But surely I will never know.

The first ray of sunlight
wakes me.

I gather myself back into the darkness,
and glide back home
as if guided by your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...