My heart races.
I keep my eyes to the sky,
scanning the steep mountain side
-the vertical ledge in which I seem to be approaching
in hopes of a sturdy place hold
The wind pounds through
the looming cliffs
My fingers dance,
clutching into a fist
The ache burns as I grip and release
Below me is a dark and vacant Hell
No room for error.
The jagged walls encircle me
Slick with the
Rain quietly falling into the background
Whispering words
of encouragement
or something like that
"Don't look down."
I continue to climb.
Heart beating out of my chest.
until I
lose my grip
and
the World
holds her breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unity
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
I watch on with eager eyes as the universe consumes me.
-
Each and every day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each and every day We grow My heart aches ...
-
Children of the moon, we dance we frolic in the waves of night crashing softly on the disappearing sand We laugh and howl like prim...
No comments:
Post a Comment