Saturday, January 25, 2014

Shattered



Follow me down, down into a hole in the ground. I
 dug it just for you, exactly how you wanted me to. 

 It's been over a year. 
 The snow isn't what brought us to tears. 
 The ambulance came way too late, 
 And they lied to your face. 

 I'm calling to see how things are there. 
 I want you to know how much I care. 
 I wish I could take away your pain. 
 I fear I come home to see your grave. 

 Mother, please don't cry. 
 I'm states away and begging to die. 
 I left you all alone. 
 I'm scared every time I come home. 
 We made it through the mess. 
 The doctor said they're doing the best. 
 Their best just wasn't enough, and we cried all through the month. 

 I'm calling to see how things are there.
 I want you to know how much I care. 
 I wish I could take away your pain. 
 I fear I come home to see your grave.

The truth is that despite how I appear on the outside,
I am still in pieces.
Shattered.
There are days when I wish I could disappear.
But how do you admit that to someone you love?
I did.
The look on his face when I told him
The fear in his voice.
I love you
but I'm scared

my days fade into nights
and the night seems eternal .

I am afraid of the truth.
Afraid to fall to pieces
for my wall to fall down
and you see 
me

The truth is
I am
Shattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...