It feels like it has been years since I fell into this deep sleep.
I am lost
within this sickening dream
or bitter sweet nightmare
-I don't know.
I'm trying not to care
The pain has ripped out my heart
and devours it before my bleeding eyes
The same question haunts my every thought:
Where do you go when you want to be alone?
Do you close your eyes,
and do you cry?
Wallowing yourself up in the dark.
Do you hide
on the inside?
The pain staying raw as cut flesh
left unhealed
Because you will never forget
-the wound consumes you-
Or do you simply disappear
within the dream world you hold dear?
the chaos is all a sweet delusion
soon to disappear when you awaken
-
I don't know my answer.
It has stuck with me for years now
from a grammar exercise in ninth grade English
The question never fades
Dear Stranger,
I miss you, quite suddenly. The wound has festered a bit; it has swollen, and oozed.
You are no longer here to aid me.
I am infected.
Dear Stranger,
If you wake alone,
know that I had to leave before you could know
that the me you know, is nobody.
I am a ghost.
Hallow
Hallow
and unreal.
My insides are rotten with time and darkness.
My heart was torn out, and broken years ago.
The smile you saw
was a lie
a fake
I am nothing more than an image
An old shattered thought
What you see right before you dream
If you awake alone
know that I love you too much to stay
that the me you know, is dead.
Eternal Love,
Always.
No comments:
Post a Comment