Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Survey of Sorts

Let us start off slow
          catch our breath
   and begin all over again

Who am I?
Who am I but a stranger
                      a loner
                      a no one looking to be alone
I am myself

And what do they call me?
Something rather hard to pronounce to the rest of the population
                                                                                 Kirsten

How do I feel?
Sad
Alone
Depressed
Lost
Like a weight is on my chest
Like my heart is sinking
I can hardly breath it seems
                             these days

News is that I have a lot going on, an engagement even.  How does that make me feel?
Awesome
Excited
Happy
Sad
Alone
Depressed
Lost
I guess I don't know.

                               But this is what I want, is it not?
                                                                  Of course!
                                                       This is everything
                                           That I could ever want.
I love him so much, how could it not be?

How was the doctor's appointment today?

The same is it always is.
I'm depressed
I'm anxious
and I got a vaccine.

Oh, and I took another crazy test.
To prove that I need crazy pills
that I won't pick up
because I am also scared.

                                      When did life become so difficult?
                                                I am simply too tired 
                                                   For all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...