Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I want to say something
but I can't

Looking at my watch,
It is as if I am in a hurry of some sort
but let's be honest

-It's 11:40 at night
I have no where to go

Too young for the bars
Too hung over for anymore alcohol
Too strung out for anymore of whatever the doctor gave me

I can't sleep
but I know you are

You face still
body restless

I miss you every minute of everyday
(even when you're here with me)

It's as if you're already gone
and GOD I know that you're not
but if I accept the inevitable now,
I won't have to deal with it later

It's almost a win-win
But I'm still losing
You.
~
I count the stars in the night sky
hoping that one of them will pop out at me,
exposing some sort of miracle,
a kind of miracle that I need
~
Dear Kirsten,

I've been watching you for a while now and can't help but to feel like you're giving up.  Never have I seen you so sad, so down on yourself.  And I can't help but to ask myself, "What is it that is wrong?"  You have everything and yet you give yourself nothing.

You look at him with a story already written in your head, and you know that's not how it's going to work out.  You want this to be some sort of fairy tale but you know that will never be what you hoped it to be.  I know what you want, and perhaps he does too.  He loves you.  How many times does he have to tell you?

We'll make it through this.

Eyes to the sky,
Toes hardly on the ground,
We'll make it through this.

Sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...