Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dear Mother,

I keep looking out the window,
wondering when I will be going home.

It's been two months 
Though it feels like it could have been longer

I must admit,
Though I guess that I am used to the distance,
The time between visits seems to be taking more of a toll
than I thought was possible

We have phones
and the internet
letters
and texts

But a simple moment together
in peace and in prayer 
I begin to wonder about the life waiting
just before me...

Will it be wonderful like I imagine it to be?

There are so many dreams that I have had
but cannot seem to piece together

Is it all that difficult as it seems?

And if the path leads me astray 
how do I find my way home?

I'm awfully prone to getting lost
without a clue
calling home because I have no idea
of what I should do

Dear Mother,

Sometimes I look to the sky
and wonder if this will all be worth it.
I imagine that it will be
but I don't want to go it alone,
so I am asking of you,
Please leave the door open 
for when I decide to come home.

Love,
Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...