I sit on the fringe
- my feet dangling
above the concrete abyss
My Darkness
slips through me
Fluttering out of
my wounds
and my words
left
unspoken.
As clear as
the late June,
velvety auburn
skies
The memories.
Our
Memories.
So vivid
and yet
fading
Drift slowly
down
like snow
into the pitch
hell
before me.
Twould be
so easy to reach out
To catch them
one by one
and then
sort them
one by one
into the holed-pockets
in my mind
and yet
I am paralyzed
The monsters in my mind
have cornered me
-Their knives
in my back.
-Their fingers
sink into my skin,
nails peeling
my layers.
Lifelessly,
my muted eyes
gaze beyond the black
expanding before me
to the vacant sky that looms
above.
This canyon of despair
cradling me
as I dissolve
like sand poured
into an
open palm
-back into
myself.
My memories.
Our
Memories.
Dim to the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment