Thursday, April 15, 2021

Sinking

Things
have 
been 
difficult
to say
the
least.

To say the most
would take
too many words
and would 
leave us both
feeling
rather 
uncomfortable.

But 
I want you 
to know
that I am 
fine.
Just.
Fine.

I am
sinking
deeper
into
myself.

I hardly recognize 
my own reflection

My voice
irritates
even myself.

How is it
that it is myself
whom I hate
the most?

I don't 
know.

I wish I had an answer.

I 
keep
sinking
deeper
into
myself
and I am calling
screaming
for help
but my cries
fall
on 
deaf ears.

I hold
myself
close
in 
the darkness
of the night
and wonder
how 
much longer
I can 
hold on.

I am tired.
so 
tired.
Sinking
deeper.
Falling
Farther
From
Myself.

I-I can't
I can't stand
I can't stand myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...