Sunday, November 24, 2019

Dear Universe,

For so long
I had been running from
the meaning
the true meaning
to this all.

I focused on my own short comings
my own inadequacies
my own insecurities

Failing to instead
focus on the illuminating
beauty that surrounds us

Failing to open my eyes
to the expansive
night sky freckled
with dying light

I focused on
the things
that no longer seem to matter.

Your time
and how it was spent
My time
and how it was not.

But now,
the wind sings a
sweet
and crisp lullaby
as it caresses
my sun-kissed face.

It was never about you
nor was it ever about me.

~

Dear Universe,

I have been feeling
less myself
now
more than ever.

I feel less
within myself
and more
without.

But
in that
I am more
Free,

Yes.

As the night encroaches
and the cool air embraces my frail
silhouette
A delighted smile lands
on my lips.

Yes,

Spooked by the dark isolation
within this moonlit forest
A frenzied joy
wells up from inside
and I know now
what I must do.

I feel less
within
myself.
And
more
without.

Dear Universe.

Dear, sweet Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...