Friday, February 16, 2018

Home

Memories 
begin 
to 
fade

into a foggy
recollection
of
a time
or 
place.

To be open
and 
honest
I don't even 
remember 
what it took
for me
to 
get here.

The only peace I know
is the feeling
of his heartbeat 
as I rest my head
upon his chest
and the day 
fades to night.
-
The only peace I know
are the moments 
with family
in which 
we fall 
back into
our roles
and 
life
seems to go back 
to normal

the tape has been rewound 

The early mornings
on the road
The late nights
being tucked in
The stories read
The stories told
The scrapes
and the bruises
The loved
and the lost

I could go on 
forever.

The only peace 
I know
are the moments
in which 
I feel
like
I am 
back 
home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...