Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Seeing Glass

I wanted there to be more
to all of this.

I am so conflicted
within my own head.

My being rages,
craving my Earthly desires
while my thoughts reach
and wander
meandering toward 
a higher purpose 
or meaning.

My heart- smothered 
by thick vines
and my mind 
is locked away in a prison 
constructed of its own devices.

Like a child tucked away 
in her room,
I look from behind my own eyes
- my windows
into the outside world.

Life passing me by.

I cannot help but wonder
Do they see me?
Can they hear me?

Their eyes gaze through me 
like I am nothing more 
than a refraction through the seeing glass.

-a distraction 
from the real picture.

My quiet comforts
have become my 
only comforts.

So I will sit.
And watch.
Through my end
of the seeing glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...