Sunday, January 29, 2017

It seems as if
all at once
and all too quickly
I was captured
by your quirky smile
and your boyish charm.

There was no way to fight it
-Lord knows I tried.

But at the end of it all
it was always
-always
you.

I knew it
deep within my bones
as I shuddered to think of a future
without you.

The world is far too quiet
without you near.

The world
is far too lonesome
without your kind eyes
and your strong arms
that wrap me up
in the darkness of night
as the stars hide behind the clouds
and my thoughts become hazy.

As my eyes
begin to close
and my mind
to wander.

And if I could wish for any one thing
it would be for your eternal happiness,
because nothing makes me happier
than seeing your toothy grin
and hearing you laugh in delight.

Because whether you are with me
or someone else,
I know that until the end of my days
my heart will always
hold you dearly
as you have held me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...