Monday, November 9, 2015

If only to fly

Upon this cloud
I rest my head
The wind rushing
through my hair
behind my ears
caressing my body
with a coarse tenderness

It howls
longingly
Or so I assume

-maybe it is
only my heart-
Beating loud
as thunder
roaring
in the near distance

One, two, three...

The echo rolls across the lake 
close by
and in through the cracked window

Quite often I would wish upon a star
but when my innocence was shatter I grew up
I lost that blind innocent faith
That there was someone
larger than life
who could save
my shattered soul.

The heavens all around me
And I realize
this is no heaven,
but a dream
And no matter how hard I pray
you will never
come home
No matter how hard I cry out
in the middle of the aching night
You will not run to me
like you once did.

You are gone.

-
Upon this cloud
I wait for the world
to pass me by
in hopes
that someday
I will jump
and die 
only to fly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...