Monday, September 21, 2015

Left.

There are certain things
that I don't talk about

At least not
anymore.

But sometimes
I need to break the silence.

-

My brother
is gone.

Gone from this world.
Forever.

I look into my father's eyes
and see the tears
Waiting to fall.

I listen to my mother's voice
crack with each word
and the pain behind her laughter.

I sit on the edge of the world
struggling with my own depression
and sometimes I wish someone
would reach out
and save me.

Most days are better
than others

But it's when the silence creeps in
that my demons decide to play.

My little brother asking
if he's in Heaven
My older brother battling
demons of his own.

We're broken.
And I deny my own pain.

I swallow it up
until it devours me

-

The day breaks
My feet dangle in thin air
The breeze caressing my face.

I'm just sitting here
on the edge of the world

Waiting for the pain
to take me away.
Waiting for the depression
to swallow me whole.

And nobody knows.

Nobody feels the ache in my heart.

-
Why did you have to go?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...