Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Standing Still

I keep reliving the moment
I found out
over 
and over again

Like a reoccurring dream
or rather,
nightmare.

My legs going limp
under the weight 
of my own body.  

My mind going blank
because the news
is too much to bear.

 "I never knew
that grief 
felt so much
like fear."

And I am terrified.

Scared half to death
that in your passing
my whole world
will crumble too.

Scared half to death
that the pain 
will be too much
for my parents 
that the guilt
of past regrets
will eat me alive
that the grief
will consume me

Because it's supposed to get easier with time
So why am I stuck 
standing still?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...