Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Two Months

Didn't even realize
but today is the day
two months ago.

It doesn't seem like so long ago
but it does feel like an eternity.

Sometimes I wish I could wake up
Other times I just want to stay dreaming.
Mostly though,
I wish that you'd come back.

I'm supposed to be the backbone
and be strong
but lately,
I've felt pretty weak.
Pretty tired.
Pretty alone.

Everyday without you
is a reminder of everything
that has gone wrong.

Most days seem monotone
but the sun reminds me of you.
The rain reminds me of you.
The stars standing deep within the night sky
speak to me
in your voice
telling me that you're still here with me.
with all of us.

You visit me in my dreams
but upon awaking
I'm snapped back into this sickening reality.

But you're not gone.
I tell myself that.
Unsure of the truth.

I hope you read our letters.

Until we meet again,
All of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...